Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Shot at and missed...Shit at and hit...

That about sums up how I feel. Yesterday eve I started to get a scratchy throat and a headache. When the alarm went off at 5:00am this morning I felt so horrible. I didn't even have the energy to stand up. I called the guy who takes roll at PT and told him that I wasn't going to be at PT. I then went back to sleep. At 7:30 am I called work and talked to the assistant foreman. I asked him if I could have the morning off so I could sleep. I told him that I'd be in around lunch. He was cool with that. Thanks goodness I have some good bosses. They know I run my crew of guys pretty well and we always have our work caught up. The boss also knows that I've got my younger sergeants trained to take over on a moments notice in case something like this happens.

So I drug my ass out of bed about 11:00 am and got cleaned up and went in to work. My boss said I looked like crap and sent me back home. Thanks God I didn't have to work at the music store today. I did stop by to pick up my first paycheck. A whole 58 dollars (8hrs). I was expecting my commission to be on there but it wasn't. I'll be asking about that tomorrow.

Well, that's all I got to say. Time to go putting my wish list for my drums together. Stand by for updates on my kit's transformation. Sabian cymbals, and a new rack for my tom toms and cymbals. Pictures to follow..

3 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

You said RACK..hehehehehe

Just kidding, I hope you feel better soon! Being sick sucks

Mom

Wendy said...

I hope you feel better. You do seem to have nice bosses...but what's up with the comission?!

G3T Films said...

Come on, push through it ya softy. I thought you were tougher than this, then again, I may just be talking out my arse.