Friday, November 11, 2005

A bit of a break...

I am having a 4 day weekend. Today is veterans day and Monday has been declared a down day because we have working so hard. I'll take it. I woke up a bit ago with a terrible stomache ache. About midnight last night I woke up out of a dead sleep and hit the kids halloween candy. I am a sugar addict and frequently over do the sugar stuff.

I've always had a thing for sugar, but when I quit drinking, it became very bad. Most people in recovery experience the same thing. Our bodies crave the sugar that the alcohol provided, so we substitute candy for it. My problem is that my craving seems to be long term.

So I plan to do a bunch of "catch up" stuff while I'm off. I have Sears coming today to fix my garage door, the wife and I are going to go Christmas shopping and the house will hopefully get picked up. Somewhere in this long weekend I hope to get some drum time in.

We are ramping up for Christmas at the music store, so I will go in early while I'm off from the USAF. We got in 7 drum sets this past week alone. We also got in about 15 guitar/amp combo packs. So what I'm getting at is that the store is a bit cluttered.

Well, thats about all for now. I hope everyone has a good Friday.
Peace

3 comments:

mr. schprock said...

Sounds like a pretty good weekend. My 14-year-old daughter plays the bass and she's good friends with a drummer (whose dad is a drummer for a rock band in Massachusetts). One time his father drove over his good drum set to our house and let his son and my daughter practice with it. We put a 6' x 9' rug underneath the drums to protect the floor and, over the course of a couple of hours, the drum set actually migrated from one end of the room to the other!

Megan said...

Paul, off the subject, but I just wanted to drop in and thank you for your service in the military. Have a good day and know that I'm thinking of you.

ida said...

I'm having the absolute hardest time kicking the sugar! Giving up alcohol and caffeine was an absolute breeze compared to the demon addiction to sugar that I never knew I had till I made a concerted effort to remove it from the diet. Bypassed all sorts of fancy food at a wedding last night but couldn't resist a slice of cake. Eek.