Thursday, December 01, 2005

So I was up at 5:15 am to get ready for the long day of driving to Dallas for my friend Steve's funeral. I was fortunate to have 2 mutual friends ride down with me.

The morning started off less than stellar. I tried my suit on the other night to make sure it still fit and it did (sort of). However, I didnt try on the shirt that goes with the suit. So anyway this morning I go to try to button the top button, and it's not going to happen. Not by a long shot. I swear about that time I thought I heard my friend Steve's laugh and him say, "way to go lard ass".

I'm glad that I went though (minus a tie).... I'm glad I got to talk with his mom, dad, sister and his wife. I wrote on my last post that he was 35. I was wrong, he was 33.

2 comments:

That dude Paul said...

I could...Thanks a million.

Megan said...

Oh, Paul, I'm so sorry that I've been neglectful! You've been there for so much of my stuff and I totally dropped the ball on this one. I hurt for you for the loss of your friend, and for his family as well. I hope you have some answers to all the questions soon and they help you through this difficult time. ((HUG))