Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter and stuff.

I hope all my regular visitors have a very Happy Easter. Mine will be spent hanging out with my wife and kids. I think we will be taking my two youngest rug rats to the movies to see Ice Age. I dont have to do my weekly chores today because my wife and oldest son did the lawn work yesterday.

So with the new job and all, I haven't had the time or energy to drive across town at night to play drums. This is a dilemma that kind of has me bummed out. So I've been kicking around the idea of taking up the guitar again. I've toyed around with the guitar for a few years. I know a handful of chords, but that's about it.

We have some excellent guitar instructors at the music store. We have a guy named Mike McAdoo who teaches. Mike used to be the lead guitarist for the Osmonds at Branson Mo. He has been featured in guitar player magazine and was voted best lead guitarist in Branson 3 yrs in a row back in the late 90's. Click
here if you want to read up on Mike.

Anyway, I own a few guitars, but just want a new one to get me back into playing, so I'm going to get me this one.




Yep, a Gothic Explorer. We just started carrying Epiphone again. Most 40 yr old guys would go for a nice acoustic guitar. Not me, Give me drop D tuning on this guitar and teach me some Metallica songs...

So...I hope all of you have a great Easter.
Peace

3 comments:

Justin Kreutzmann said...

Happy Easter to you Paul. Keel rockin'

MPD said...

hey we should start a death metal band buddy !! i got the death metal growl/singing down pat

jenbeauty said...

Hope your weekend was good. We had lots of fun and enjoyed the holiday.

Trying to get daughter started on guitar but the lesson times are not jiving with our schedule.

I have started my new job and have not time to get to see the trainer for working out. I really miss having that time, total bummer, so I know how you feel about giving up something.