Sunday, April 23, 2006

RIP Paw Paw

I got a call from my dad last night at 10:00pm to tell me that my Paw Paw (mom's dad) passed away about 8pm. I knew this was going to happen soon because Hospice got involved awhile back. My mom has been tending to both her mom and dad for months.

To add to moms stress, my uncle, and his wife and their daughter moved in with my parents and grand parents after the hurricane flooded their house. My mom and dad have had a total of 7 people in their 3 bed room house for 8 months.

I love my mom very much, but she tries too hard to be the worlds savior. She has always been like that. When I was growing up, we'd have this friend and that friend living with us for a period of time. I know everyone on the coast is still being affected by the hurricane, but I have other family that could help my mom out with things. I wont go there.....

So I'm flying out of DFW tomorrow, headed towards New Orleans. I'll land there at noon and get a rental car and head home to the coast. It will be my first trip home since the hurricane. I need to be home for my mom as she deals with the closure of losing her dad. We all know he had a good life. I believe he was 85. His service will be Tuesday, but I'm not leaving the coast untill Friday. I want to check on some more of my family up and down the coast who have been affected by the hurricane...

I'm specifically talking about my biological father who seems to think it's ok to live in a FEMA trailer and drink his life away instead of getting off his drunk ass and trying to repair the old house I grew up in. Dont get me started on him. Suffice it to say that several in my family are your stereotypical southern "white trash". I love them, but they really piss me the fuck off.

Anywho...I gotta pack and get my shit together for my trip.
Peace

PS. I may be out of pocket for awhile, but I'll try to check in on all of you while I'm down in MS.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm sorry about your Grandpa. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Have a safe trip.

MomThatsNuts said...

Hey Paul,

Have a safe trip, I hope you get hold of everyone you need to while your there. Sorry about your Paw..sometimes it just sucks. I think your running away because I took the Shakira video off my blog. YOU BIG CHICKEN...hehehe just kidding, God speed, be careful and honey, we ALL have "white trash" relatives..and if you DONT have one, YOUR probably IT.....hehehe

Mom

That dude Paul said...

Hey from Ms. The funeral went well (excpet for the rain).

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll be back in TX Friday night.
Paul