Friday, November 03, 2006

New toys



Well awhile back I posted a guitar I wanted, but alas I just couldn't justify paying the price the manufacturer wanted for it. Even with my employee discount it was still over a thousand dollars. So I found these two on ebay and still have money in the bank.

The white one is an original Kramer Focus from around 1983-85. It is in perfect shape and plays just as good as it did 20 years ago. The red, white and black one is a beater that someone put together from a bunch of parts. It has a Kramer decal on the headstock but I'm skeptical of its authenticity. It doesn't matter. I bought it for a project guitar anyway. I'm going to strip it down and re-do the Eddie Van Halen paint job.

So I've been away for awhile. How's everyone been?

4 comments:

Wendy said...

The second I opened this I gasped! The "Eddie" guitar! Awesome!

Glad to see you back, what took so long?! ;)

MomThatsNuts said...

Those are totally awesome....my sister painted a dragon on the back on one of crashes guitars, I will take a picture it looks cool. I am waiting for him to restring the acustic...we have been stringless for weeks....
Hows work? Hows the family? How are things with your wife? Ready to relocate to Arizona yet?? We have an airforce base here you know, you can still run around being a soldier and everything..lol

Nice to see ya!!!!

Mom

Phil said...

They look awesome. I really haven't heard of Kramer guitars but then again I'm not into rock that much. I'm more into blues so I'm used to seeing the Strats and Les Pauls. That's great that you were able to get them

MomThatsNuts said...

Hey Paul....thank you for being FIRST on my birthday!! I have known you a long time now. You wished me happy birthday LAST year too.....

I think its time we took our affair seriously~~ :) that way I get better presents

Mom