Friday, July 29, 2005

YEA BABY!!!!

So the week is finally over. The 3 mile run this morning wasn't too bad. I hate to admit it, but I always feel good after we have an intense PT session. However, my legs feel like wet noodles now, I'm sure tomorrow will be worse.

At work, we finished out the week by cleaning up in the shop compound. We had a bunch of old AC units, water fountains and refrigerators that had to have the refrigerant removed and turned into our salvage collection yard. I took advantage of today being designated as "training day" for the shop. I had some of our younger sergeants give training to the Airmen on the equipment used to recover the "freon". The young guys got to practice soldering and other stuff while getting our compound cleaned up.

I think we are going to take the kids to Pet Co. to look at birds. They want some type of pet, but I don't want any cats (sorry folks...I hate cats) or dogs. So fish or birds seem like the easiest way out for me. Then tonight about 9 or so, I'm off to my jam pad for some much needed time alone with just me, my drum set and my stereo. I stopped in today after work and turned my AC unit on so that it will hopefully have the place bearable by tonight. While I was there, I went into the drum store and visited with Chris (Read my Blog mentioning Tracey Music). We had an hour long very intense conversation about our quest for a higher enlightenment in life. I'm telling you, when I talk with him, I always leave feeling 10 times better than when I got there. He is a very cool person with an attitude like no one else I've ever met.

Before I forget, I wanted to send a shout out (my 14 yr old is teaching me hip language like that) to my little brother who I see has visited my blog. Hey Bro.. Tell the family I said hi.

Phil from NY, if your still checking in, I hope you are having a good day. Please keep blogging man. I cant imagine dealing with the big C. Your optimistic approach to life really helps put things into perspective for me. Thank you for sharing a part of your life with the world.

Well, as the cartoon pig says, that's all folks!!!!

1 comment:

ida said...

Thanks for stopping by my site, and leading me to yours! I am humbled and grateful for your kind words.