Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I've seen it all now

I just saw a news report that actually showed a New Orleans Police Officer stealing shoes from a Wal-Mart. I shit you not.. The camera caught it all. There were looters running all around her and she is shoving shoes into another girls basket talking about it. All of a sudden the newscaster confronts her and she tries to accuse the broadcaster of looting.

I swear to God I've seen alot of shit in my life, but I've never seen a police officer in uniform looting. I think the New Orleans situation is going to get much worse. I feel sorry for the small children in N.O.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I've been watching all this on TV all day, I am overwhelmed. But, as hard as it is fo rus to watch in our comfy clean homes...it must be hell for those who have nowhere to rest. Imagine, nowhere to lay your head when your tired, no water to drink...then add thieves to the mix. A cop was shot in New Orleans because he surprised a looter. Unbelievable, then to think the cops themselves are stealing? Special place in hell, my friends, special place in hell.

MomThatsNuts said...

I agree Wendy, at a time when they need the adults to act like ADULTS its mayhem. Horrible commentary on our society, but dont get me started. Lots of good people will shine through this tradgedy just like in the past. It is the ones who are retarded that make it hard for the rest of us to believe in the greater good of people...

Mom