Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Good grief Charlie Brown

I came home from work at the music store and me and the youngest rug rat watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I love those old CB cartoons today as much as I did when I was 10. We really had a great time watching it.

So I'm leaving for Florida this Saturday for a week of training. I leave this Sat and return next Sat. We will be sleeping in tents and learning basic war time skills and such. I aint looking forward to it at all. I'm too old for this crap. I swear I cant wait to retire.

OK listen up everyone...If you are in the the Atlanta Ga. area or know anyone who lives there, tell them to check out two of my favorite bands on Nov 5th, at Breakers. The Backseat Superstars open the show. My good friend Scozzy provides the thunderous drum beats for this "balls to the wall" hard hitting band. They are Atlanta natives. Beautiful Creatures will headline the show. These guys are heading East from the Sunset strip in LA. Imagine KISS, Motley Crue, Ratt, all mixed together and on steroids. That's how I'd describe Beautiful Creatures. These guys play the kind of music you cant seem to find any more. The Creatures toured with OZZFEST back in 2002 and just realeast their 2nd CD. The bassist, Kenny Queens and I were friends in high school. We used to skip school any time KISS was in town. We dreamed of graduating school and going on the road with KISS. Kenny saw it through. BC opened a few shows for KISS on their reunion tour. Click on any band links above and check out their sites.

Thats about all I got to say... I'll post again to say so long before I leave for my Rambo training trip.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey! We watched the Great Pumpkin together! You know, I didn't remember there being so much Snoopy WW I Flying Ace in this special...I have to say The Red Baron Snoopy gig isn't my favorite. But, I loooove Linus. :)

MomThatsNuts said...

You just dont find cartoons like that anymore. There are some out now that I really like, Jimmy Neutron, the Fairly Odd Parents, Sponge Bob, but the old CB cartoons are "childhood" memories. Hey good luck in Florida. My daddo was supposed to fly there yesterday for a meeting, but cancelled the flight as they have NO ELECTRICITY anywhere. The airlines didnt want to give him a refund because the FLIGHT was on, the hotel and city he was staying in didnt have any water or electricity. So he was kinda glad not to have to go. I guess you all will bring your OWN electricity huh?? HOOORAH
Be Safe, let us know when you get back we will be praying for you (by WE I am speaking for Emily and myself isnt that nice of me to speak for her? I am sure I speak for Wendy too, but dont know her well enough to put my 2 cents in on her behalf..) ANYHOW....just make the best of it, dont you men love that wilderness crap?? I find it highly overrated, but you know Im just a girl....

Wendy said...

go ahead, put your two cents in for me too. I've thrown several prayers Pauls way these past few months. ;)

That dude Paul said...

Thanks all of you for the well wishes. I hope to make it back in one piece. I'll holler at ya in a week.
Peace

ida said...

Paul,

Have a safe trip. Send the rugrats a postcard; they'll get a kick out of it!

Did you download any Flaming Lips or Ratt? You can't go wrong...

"See" you next week.

Godspeed.
Pnut