Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

I welcomed in 08' at home with my wife and a couple of her co-workers. We all pigged out on junk food and board games. Sounds exciting you say? That's about all the fun I can take anymore.

Well I'm going to start taking guitar lessons again beginning this Saturday. I'm excited about taking from this instructor. He is the guitar teacher at the local high school and he has a really good reputation for his methods. I know how to play chords and play a few songs, but I want to know the theory of chord structures and why some chords work with others and some don't.

So winter is here...which sucks. The low tonight will be 15-18. Luckily, I don't have to work tomorrow. It has been declared a "family day" which means the military doesn't have to work and we civilians can take a day of leave.

I hope everyone's 08 is a great one...

4 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

Ahhh welcome to 08!!! So far turning out kinda crap but has to get better. I am glad your getting back into your music. The troll~ings play the crap out of every instrument they touch. That Drum can just flat play some guitar. He gets tabs from the internet and learns that way. Let me know when you write a song!!
mom

MomThatsNuts said...

Hey honey! Just wanted to stop by and say HEY...its raining today so I couldnt go hiking. I had to actually work out in the field seeing patients on Friday, so that always helps me put things in perspective as far as my health and stuff..nothing like taking care of someone with cancer to make you feel like a schmuck for not appreciating what you have! Hope your staying warm and doing well. Im glad things are going ok at home. Boy the jets over our air force base out here were really busy yesterday....anything I should be worried about>????

Mom

It's you know who! said...

What an interesting name for a blog lol! I like that. I saw you over on Beth's blog about the hoodie. Well Paul, Happy New Year to you and your wife and your Mom. I'm going to check out her blog now!

My sister lives in Texas-Fort Worth. Did it really get that cold there? Today, here, it got to nearly 60-wow! A few days ago it was zero. Crazy weather, but I'm glad the snow is melting off. Good luck with your guitar playing! :)

It's you know who! said...

Whoops lol maybe I read that a little too fast, I mean I'm checking out momthatsnuts' blog! I'm a bit confused here about who is who, but I take it she's not your mom since her blog said she has kids quite a bit younger than you. Ok the blog name confused me, sorry! LOL :)