Sunday, August 03, 2008

Another Sunday morning



I've once again found myself at the best time of the week, Sunday morning. Yes, I've posted this song before, but it's such an awesome song, it's worthy of a re post. Do yourself a favor and listen to the song with no distractions.

It's 10:30 and already hotter than hell outside. Today's high will be 108. We've had triple digit temps consecutively for the past two weeks. We even made national news last week when we were the hot spot in the nation with 112.

It's times like this I'm glad that I'm teaching heating and AC rather than doing it. I spent 20 yrs being a technician and working in the heat. I grew accustomed to it and it didn't bother me too much. However, now that I'm retired, I get zapped by the heat in a short period of time.

Mom, tell your son Cadet that I said good luck in his new career. When does he leave for boot camp? As a "tech school" instructor, it amazes me how young the "kids" are when they come through. Some of these young men and women are only a year older than my son. Sometimes when I see them struggle or get in trouble, the dad in me tries to come out and I want to treat them as one of my kids and be soft with them.

So I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks and I feel like poop. I've been eating like crap too. It seems like all I do is go to work, come home and get on the computer and eat...that's it. Tomorrow will be back to the grindstone at the gym and back on somewhat of a disciplined eating schedule...

So that's that. --Peace

No comments: