Friday, September 02, 2005

Something different


I don't want to do the typical hurricane update. It's too depressing to sustain the daily post dedicated to it. I'll provide updates that I think are big news. I do want to let you know that I've heard that more relatives are ok.

First thing this morning I got an email from a friend who I haven't heard from in a long time. My good friend Roy. He emailed to give well wishes. Roy is a fantastic singer, songwriter and guitarist. I met him while I was stationed in Korea. His wife is a school teacher. Roy played at the clubs on base, and he let me be his sound guy.

I listened to his CD on the way in to work this morning. His soulful music really brightened my spirits (thanks for checking in on my Blog Roy). I've got several other friends that I met while in Korea. If any of you guys are stopping by, I'd like to say welcome and I miss you guys.

So then to top off a rough week, I finally got a new cymbal that I've been expecting. I hope I can muster the energy to go play drums tonight so I can try it out. Well, I hope all of you guys and girls have a great weekend.

3 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

WOW sexy new cymbol!!Im still adjusting to the double bass pedal...good times! Glad your family is ok...they are going to be mopping up down there for a LONG long time....Go,,play your drums, it will lift your spirits to bang something....(ok here it comes, Im ready) hehehehe

Mom

That dude Paul said...

hehehehe...
you know I want to run with that comment...

MomThatsNuts said...

Go ahead and run ~ I deserve it...hell I BEGGED for it...lol... I hate the splogger/spammer guys...dammit

Mom