Wednesday, October 05, 2005

LIFE...And I'm not talking about the Milton Bradley game



So where do I start....I got an email from my sponsor today. I haven't been to a meeting in a few weeks and I haven't contacted my sponsor either. He's been keeping up with my Blog, so he knows I'm alive. Hi John, I'm doing well and apologize for my lack of communication.

I go through periods where I wont go to a meeting for a period of time. I don't know why I do this, other than I am a glutton for mental punishment.

Speaking of addiction recovery, it appears that my childhood hero ACE Frehley, has come out of seclusion. The bottom pic is a recent shot. ACE looks rough but looks like he has put some weight on and from all accounts I've heard his retirement and seclusion was due to him getting sober. I hope he stays sober. Those two pictures have a 29 yr span between them. Anywho, Tod if you read this and are still in contact with ACE, please let him know that fans in recovery are wishing him good health.

So anyway...the Air Force is keeping me busy. This week I started in a new position at work. I'm now managing a crew of 10 and am responsible for about 100 buildings with millions of dollars worth of air conditioning units. Plus we are gearing up even more on our physical fitness. I swear we will be doing the same stuff as the army in the next 5 years. If you think about it, that makesperfect since. Why have all these different bases scattered out world wide. It would be easier to manage the entire military with only a few "super bases".

don't matter to me though...1 November 2007 I'm history. You can call me Mr. W.

To my special ladies, I want to say hello. To my friends and family on the coast, I love and miss you guys. Please drop me an email or a comment on here to let me know you guys are still hanging in there.
Peace

5 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

I wasnt so into ACE in particular, I liked KISS but I really was more of an AC/DC girl. Loverboy, .38 Special. Ahhh now I must go to Limewire and download my little heart out. Oh yeah and Heart. I think my favorite all time song was/is Straight On by Heart. I watched an HBO thing on the Runaways yesterday (joan jett, lita ford and some others) I am thinking they were a bit before my time, I remember Joan and Lita doing solo stuff, but I dont remember the Runaways. ANYHOW...Im glad you have music to get you through this time in your life. Really it wont be that long till Nov 2007. (I will turn 44 in Nov 2007.SHEEESH)
Mom

Phil said...

I look a lot different now than I did at 19 too...
That's great about your recovery. One day at a time, right?
I can relate

That dude Paul said...

Phil, good to hear from you.

MOM...I'm with ya. I'll be 43 in 2007...

ida said...

Thanks for the update.

MPD said...

Bro it takes lots of steps to overcome our demons. I'm glad I have my lady and kids to keep me busy. I just have different demons now....lol

Keep it up man
Rock on
MPD666