Sunday, February 12, 2006

You ever seen this guy on a post office mug shot board



OK, so I don't wanna hear a bunch of laughing from across the states. I'm a heating and AC tec, so I don't wear this monkey suit very often.

This is our formal suit. It is similar to the dress blues that you might see a person in a parade wearing. The primary difference is that with the formal suit, we wear a white shirt instead of a blue one, and we don't wear our name tag on our coat.

I wore this to a graduation dinner Thursday night. One of my troops graduated from leadership school. The dinner is a very stuffed shirt affair with local politicians, the base general, and all unit commanders attending. This class is comprised of Airmen (16 in this class) from different units on base who are on the verge of transitioning into higher roles of responsibilities including supervision of lower ranking Airmen. The class is a month long intense class, complete with inspections, and play acting scenarios...and tests.

So during the dinner, high ranking guests award 5 academic awards to the highest scorers. Well my troop won 2 of the 5. That's really good when you have a class of 16. He is a very motivated young guy who is already working on his Masters degree. His plans are to apply to become a military officer. This "feather in his cap" will surely help his application package.

So that's that...

11 comments:

ida said...

You look sharp!

Justin Kreutzmann said...

don't let 'em give you any grief about the suit. Looks cool.

Andi said...

Very nice suit! Thanks for the comment over at my place. Nice blog you have here, and I'll be back. :)

MomThatsNuts said...

I think you look handsome! I love dress blues....thanks for keeping your mind out of the gutter..

mom

MPD said...

how bout laughing ALLLLLLLLLLLL the way from canada then ????AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. no seriously man u look good

Wendy said...

you look very handsome.

Lori said...

Happy Valentine's Day babe!!!!! suit looks nice

Kid Ric said...

Hey Paul,

Lookin' dapper. Been a long time since i wore that outfit.

Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day.

Peace, love and light,
Ric

mr. schprock said...

Great picture! People were asking me why I was saluting my computer.

MomThatsNuts said...

Its called Santaria and its by Sublime....watch them they have lots of naughty words in some of thier songs! Get the edited version! Are you using Limewire? I have used alot of them, and I think that one is best!!!!!

Mom

That dude Paul said...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Of course it's always good to hear from the ladies. :)