Sunday, January 27, 2008

Easy like a Sunday morning



I love Sundays. More specifically, Sunday mornings. My wife let me sleep in (till 9:30) and when I got up, she had pancakes and coffee ready to go. All of my kids are here and we have no company.

As a society, our lives are so hectic these days and I really miss the lifestyle of the 70's. Do yourself a favor and click on the video above and take a few minutes to escape back to an easier time.

As I woke up this morning and began to move my sore joints, I wondered why I feel the need to work so much over time. Of course it's for the money. But why do I feel the need to do it. We aren't hurting for money. My kids have nice clothes, and some of the newest toys. Is it greed, is it my ego (I'm 42 but refuse to think I cant keep the same intensity I had 20 yrs ago).

Anyway, I like Sundays because it allows me to slow down. Yup...I'm easy like a Sunday Morning.

3 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

ME TOO ME TOO I love Sundays!! No friends no calls...if only we could have 2 Sundays in a row!!! Then life would be good

Mom

Phil said...

Very true Paul. Our Sundays are not quite so calm but we try to have pancakes of waffles or something.
the song is great, I haven't heard it in a long time...

MomThatsNuts said...

HEY BABY!!! I just came by to let you know that I AM the world BEST drummer...lol ok maybe not the worlds best, maybe not even the best in this house, but I AM the best in my own mind!! Wonder how a REAL drummer would do playing the game??? You should try it! It is SUPER DUPER FUN....who ya rootin for on Sunday?? Of course you know that Drum is a Patriots fan, the ETK and QTroll~ing are Dallas fans so they will just sit and cry on sunday. COME BACK AND POST~~~~

Mom